Many of the pregnant women that I have spoken to often complain about the “aches and pains” of pregnancy. When I explain to them that although some aches and pains are normal, many of that discomfort can be relieved, their ears perk up! Their eyes get wide and they ask…”how”? I respond with two words, Chiropractic Care.
Chiropractic care is critical during pregnancy! When your body is out of alignment not only can it hurt, but it can also cause labor to stall and it can prevent your baby from turning head down (which is the optimal position to birth a baby). Yes! Its true! If your hips or other parts of your body are out of alignment, even just a smidgen, it can cause your baby to be breech (which means baby is head up and butt down and normally means you must birth via cesarean section). So here are some fun facts about the incredible ways that chiropractic care can be beneficial to you during pregnancy!
- Women who receive regular chiropractic care during pregnancy can shorten their labor by 34% for first time moms and 25% for subsequent births! Who doesn’t want a shorter labor and birth?
- 84% of women who receive chiropractic care by a Webster certified chiropractor receive relief from low back pain.
- Having a body that is in alignment helps to facilitate the flow of nerve impulses from your brain to the rest of your body. Keeping your spine in alignment helps your entire body work better.
- Chiropractic care during pregnancy can control symptoms of nausea. It can help you feel better physically which will then make you feel better emotionally! What pregnant person doesn’t want to feel better emotionally?
- There is an 82% success rate of babies turning and getting into the proper head down position after women received a chiropractic adjustment by a Webster Certified chiropractor.
Interested in Chiropractic Care Now??
So, what do you look for in a chiropractor during pregnancy? First, make sure that the chiropractor you select is trained and certified in the Webster Technique. The Webster certified and trained chiropractors are trained to work specifically with pelvic balance and alignment during pregnancy. Also, do your homework! Read reviews and ask questions! This is your body and you are carrying precious cargo, you need to make sure that whomever adjusts you has a good reputation with other pregnant clients!
Every moment you empower yourself you feel stronger and uplifted! Educate yourself on your options and then decide whats right for you!