Childbirth Education Classes
Childbirth education classes are very important during pregnancy. It educates you on not only what is going on with your body, but also what your options are during pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum. Attending a childbirth education class truly does create so much more confidence, and we all know that when you birth with confidence your birth goes smoother and is a much more enjoyable and positive experience!
Each class is tailored and designed to fit each clients needs/desires with regards to their desired childbirth experience and wants/needs.
Childbirth education classes help expectant parents learn about and prepare for labor and birth. We offer a 1 day intensive childbirth education class and a 4 week childbirth education class (2 hours once a week for 4 weeks). The subjects that are covered (but are not limited to are):
- Pregnancy & Postpartum Hormones (What is happening to your body)
- Normal Birth Process
- Characteristics of Labor
- Discovering Comfort Measures
- Partners Role In Childbirth
- Communicating Effectively with Your Health Care Provider
- Creating Your Personal Birth Environment and Birth Plan
- Stages of Labor Birthing Your Baby
- Learning about Variations (Medications, Inductions, Monitoring, etc…)
- Cesarean Birth
- The ABC’s of Breastfeeding
- The Postpartum Period and Postpartum Depression
Bringing Home Baby
Bringing home a newborn can be a very intimidating and overwhelming experience. Learn from one of our educators tons of helpful tips to ease your nerves and help you to be confident in caring for your little one! These classes are 3 hours in length and include lots of interactive teaching. Topics in this class include:
- Basic Baby Care (Swaddling, bathing, diapering, Newborn Cues, Soothing Techniques, etc…)
- Understanding the Forth Trimester (What to expect during the first 3 months after birth of baby)
- Car seat Safety, Baby-Wearing and Breastfeeding and Bottle Feeding Education
Infant & Child CPR
This is 3 hour course and is taught by a certified CPR instructor. This is where you will learn basic skills in cardiopulmonary resuscitation and obstructed airway management for infants and young children.
Understanding the art of breastfeeding will truly help you find your way along your breastfeeding journey. Learn from one of our amazing IBCLC’s to understand how to effectively latch a baby, positions, the inner workings of breastfeeding and so much more. Leave this class feeling confident! This class is 1 hour but you learn so much.
If you have any further questions about any of our classes offered or the content in the classes, please call us at (919) 902-0672 or email email@example.com