Taking a Childbirth Education Class is very important during pregnancy. It educates you on not only what is going on with your body but also what your options are during pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum. Attending a childbirth education class truly does create so much more confidence and we all know that when you birth with confidence your birth goes smoother and is a much more enjoyable and positive experience!
I offer either private or group childbirth education classes. With my private classes, once I learn more about you, I can tailor your class to fit your needs.
I offer a 1 or 2 day intensive childbirth education class and I also offer a 4 week childbirth education class (2 hours once a week for 4 weeks). Although the private classes cater to your specific needs, the topics I usually cover are:
- Pregnancy & Postpartum Hormones (What is happening to your body)
- Normal Birth Process
- Characteristics of Labor
- Discovering Comfort Measures
- Partners Role In Childbirth
- Communicating Effectively with Your Health Care Provider
- Creating Your Personal Birth Environment and Birth Plan
- Stages of Labor
- Birthing Your Baby
- Learning about Variations (Medications, Inductions, Monitoring, etc…)
- Cesarean Birth
- The ABC’s of Breastfeeding
- The Postpartum Period
My private Childbirth Education classes can be scheduled on a day/time that works for you!
Please Contact me for pricing or to find out more information about the Childbirth Education classes I offer.